Sharing knowledge / Other Programs
How to set White Bell ADSL Modem/Wireless Router 2Wire 2701HG-G or 2701HG-B in Bridge Mode
Status: Resolved / Fixed
These days many customers in Toronto and Toronto GTA are obtaining Modem/Wireless Router 2Wire 2701HG-G from Bell Canada as an upgrade.
In order to enable existing internal/external network setup working with Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G White Modem/Wireless Router you may be required to reset it in Bridge Mode.
Bridge Mode means - Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G White Modem/Wireless Router will be used as a DSL Modem only (no Router or wireless access point features will be available).
Why do you need to bridge your Bell modem/router?
1st reason - If you already have and don't want to reconfigure existing network infrastructure and setup with other router or VPN Router, Wireless Router, Hardware Firewall, FTP, DVR with cameras, Remote Desktop Connections, Server, Network printer etc.
2nd reason - if you own Bell 2Wire Modem/Router and want to use it with other DSL Internet provider. It will not work with any Cable internet provider.
Many customers are trying to bridge 2Wire Modem/Router in order to just expand their Wi-Fi coverage. It means they want to use other router as Wi-Fi access point instead of 2wire wireless access point. If it's just a point why you decide to bridge 2Wire Modem/Router, do not bridge it before you read other article from our website:
How to connect two / three / four ... routers working together in one local network. How to extend your existing wired LAN (local area network) and increase Wi-Fi wireless coverage.
Copy this link: http://scomputerservicesgta.com/sharing-knowledge/other-programs/op4.php
Call us at 416-410-9176 or Email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help to bridge your Bell 2Wire White Modem / Wireless router.
Call us if you have any IT related problem, such as network setup, internet connection troubleshooting, virus/ mailware removal, Email problem, Cloud computing setup, etc.
If you still want to bridge 2Wire Modem/Router, as an alternative to re-flashing firmware or unlocking 2Wire 2701HG, follow these instructions:
- Connect White 2Wire Modem/Wireless Router to phone line, make sure DSL light is on.
- Connect computer to any LAN port of 2Wire Modem/Wireless Router.
- Use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any other browser to access 2Wire Modem/Wireless Router's web based interface. Default IP address may be 192.168.2.1.
- Ensure 2Wire 2701HG modem cannot make PPPoE connection - Use INCORRECT Username and/or Password for PPPoE connection settings. Internet Connection --> Advanced Settings.
- Disable DHCP Server on White 2Wire Modem/Router. Local or Home Network --> Advanced Settings.
- Disable Wireless on 2Wire 2701HG - it is useless now and will not work anyway. Local or Home Network --> Wireless --> Disable.
- Disable Firewall on 2Wire 2701HG Modem/ Wireless Router. Application Support --> Advanced Settings --> uncheck Stealth Mode and Block Ping. Save Settings.
Now White Modem/Wireless Router 2Wire 2701HG is working in Bridge Mode.
Disconnect computer from 2Wire Modem/Router.
- Existing Internal Router needs to be connected using it's WAN port to any 2 Wire's LAN port (any one 1-2-3 or 4 , but use just one).
- Setup Internal router to dial PPPoE connection using RIGHT Bell Username and Password.
- If wireless access is required – use only Internal Wireless Router as a wireless access point.
Should you still experience difficulties setting your 2Wire DSL Modem/Router in Bridge Mode do not hesitate to contact us. Email: email@example.com Phone: 416-410-9176